[PyQt] 5.13: Missing QWebEnginePage::Notifications enum member

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Jul 5 17:23:09 BST 2019

Hi,

it looks like PyQt 5.13 is missing the QWebEnginePage::Notifications enum
member added in Qt 5.13:

    >>> from PyQt5.QtCore import QT_VERSION_STR, PYQT_VERSION_STR
    >>> from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEnginePage

    >>> QT_VERSION_STR
    '5.13.0'
    >>> PYQT_VERSION_STR
    '5.13.0'

    >>> QWebEnginePage.Notifications
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    AttributeError: type object 'QWebEnginePage' has no attribute 'Notifications'

    >>> QWebEnginePage.Feature.Notifications
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    AttributeError: sip.enumtype object 'Feature' has no member 'Notifications'

See:
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwebenginepage.html#Feature-enum
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwebengine/+/205716/16/src/webenginewidgets/api/qwebenginepage.h

(I'm guessing it's missing because it's not new - it was reserved for a while,
with 5.13 it's documented and actually used)

As a workaround, the integer value 0 can be used.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)