[PyQt] How to build pyqt sources to provide the same content than official wheel?

BPL spscener84 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 15:34:41 BST 2019

Florian,

Thanks to provide those wiki docs as well as the qt releasing mailing list,
they're definitely
helpful indeed to make proper planning.

If I look in retrospective is funny though, that QTBUG-74492 is the first
one I've ever been involved with,
this bug was opened in 21.03.2019 and after few months passed nobody was
working on it or they didn't
know what the problem was. I decided to spend some days bisecting the bug
and finding the root cause
of the problem, thanks to that the author who introduced the bug in the
first place could fix it properly in few days. In any case,
finding the issue was really tricky and the fix ended up to be quite
"trivial" one. The moral of the story here is,
for something as trivial as this one you'll need to wait quite a lot of
time to get
a proper release... and that's assuming you're interested enough to help Qt
team to narrow it down. The
workload of Qt devs isn't small neither... which indicates there is room to
optimize development in that company.

Bug opened in 21.03.2019 and official release with the fix delivered in
15.08.2019... That's quite a lot
of time to wait for...

Anyway, at this point a global view of how things work in both Qt & pyqt
has become +/- clear, which is great so you
know what you can or can't expect.