[PyQt] Building PyQt5.Qsci when QScintilla is in a non-standard location

bkw1a at virginia.edu bkw1a at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:04:00 BST 2019

Hi Phil,

phil at riverbankcomputing.com said:
> The extension module is called Qsci.so or Qsci.pyd depending on your
> platform.

	Adding -a and -n causes PyQt5.api to be built, but nothing
named Qsci.so or Qsci.pyd, either in the qscintilla directory or
the pyqt5 directory.

	In any case, the software I'm ultimately trying to install
(mcstas) refers to a python module named PyQt5.Qsci.  I see other
references to this module around the web.  For example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40573291/ubuntu-eric-no-module-pyqt5-qsci

Was this an earlier name for the module?

					Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu