[PyQt] Qt 5.13: Segfault on exit with Windows + QtWebEngine

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jul 23 09:18:33 BST 2019

Hi Phil,

I assume you accidentally didn't Cc the list, so I added it back.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 06:10:58PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> In tonight's SIP and PyQt5 snapshots I have re-written how QObjects are
> cleaned up when an application exits.
>
> Are you able to test these changes (from the source code)? There is no hurry
> as I don't plan on making new releases until Qt 5.13.1.
>
> I'm a bit nervous about the changes as they could simply replace one set of
> problems with another.

The good news: This seems to fix a long-standing problem I have with
QtWebEngine cookies not being saved on exit:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2263

The bad news: You seem to be right. I only did a couple of quick tests on
Linux, and so far I got:

- An abort() due to an error in PyQtSlotProxy::unislot():
  https://paste.the-compiler.org/view/8a17300b
  (I don't have the error message I'm afraid)

- An X error and assertion failure inside Chromium:
  https://paste.the-compiler.org/view/b9219e33

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)