[PyQt] QApplication.clipboard() segfault on GNU/Linux

Tiger-222 contact at tiger-222.fr
Wed Jul 24 09:12:13 BST 2019

Oh I see what is missing from my original message :o
This is the snippet that fails on a segfault:

    >>> from PyQt5.QtCore import QCoreApplication
    >>> from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
    >>> with QCoreApplication([]) as app:
    ...    print(QApplication.clipboard().text())

And using QApplication.instance().clipboard().text() will return
"AttributeError: 'QCoreApplication' object has no attribute 'clipboard'".

The clipboard is only something used in the GUI world? And so it is not
accessible via QCoreApplication?

-----
Mickaƫl Schoentgen.
[FR] Personal blog: http://www.tiger-222.fr