[PyQt] ?==?utf-8?q? pyqtdeploy Windows error - Qt5Core.dll?!

Marius Shekow marius.shekow at fit.fraunhofer.de
Wed Jul 31 09:39:55 BST 2019

Hi Rob,

no, by default the Qt5 wrapped by PyQt is dynamically built on Windows.
If you are looking to deploy PyQt5 applications EASILY, use PyInstaller. Using pyqtdeploy requires deeper knowledge and understanding of how to build and distribute Qt-based C++ applications. This is something that (pure) Python developers do not possess by default.

In your case, when distributing the exe to other users, you should also put the various Qt-DLLs next to the exe file for it to find it. Typically you don't do this manually, but use the Qt tools. https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/windows-deployment.html has more information.

Best regards!
Marius