[PyQt] What is the last Windows version of PyQt5 for Python 3.4

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jun 3 15:57:02 BST 2019

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 04:48:12PM +0200, Nenad Lamza wrote:
> the reason is that some of my users still use WinXP, and the last Python
> version for WinXP is 3.4. I used PyQt4 for that users so far and decided to
> use PyQt5 for them.

If you can, I'd really think about dropping Windows XP support - it was
released in 2001 and support by Microsoft ended over five years ago. Things are
only going to get more painful, as many tools (e.g. pip) are soon dropping
support for Python 3.4 or already have.

> After "pip install PyQt5" or "pip install PyQt5==5.8" i get the message: [...]

Right, my bad. I don't think installing via pip was ever supported on
Python 3.4.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)