[PyQt] building SIP on FreeBSD

Per Gunnarsson per.gunnarsson at yandex.com
Sat Jun 8 01:04:21 BST 2019

Hello!

I have failed to install SIP using pip on FreeBSD.

Using pip I got:

Collecting sip
  ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement sip
(from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for sip

When I looked in the source, there was a README with references to
"normal installation instructions" and a build.py.

I don't know anything about the normal installation instructions on
python, and I did not find the file "build.py" which was supposed to be
around when I downloaded with mercurial.

I am grateful for pointers.

Regards,

Per Gunnarsson