[PyQt] Cleanup on object destruction

AnyOldName3 krizdjali at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 17:28:06 BST 2019

To clarify, responsibility for the object's deletion has been transferred to
C++ with SIP's api_transfer_to(ptr, Py_None), so I can guarantee that at
least the C++ object's destructor gets called, and SIP calls the Python
destructor during that. The cleanup /has/ to happen before or very early
during that destructor, or there's no way to actually do the cleanup.
I have had a look through the C++ code SIP spits out, though, and it seems
the Python destructor its calling is __dtor__ rather than the regular
__del__, so switching to that might well solve my issue.

--
Sent from: http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/PyQt-f1792048.html