[PyQt] qmake variables support in PyQtWebEngine et al

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 7 18:24:15 GMT 2019

Hi Phil!

PyQt’s configure.py allows you to pass name=value or name+=value pairs as
command line arguments, and they will be written into generated .pro files.

However PyQtWebEngine (and I believe also QScintilla and other modules using
the same boilerplate) does not accept such pairs, which makes it inconvenient
for us in Debian (my use case is passing QMAKE_CXXFLAGS and QMAKE_LFLAGS).

It would be nice if you added such support. A very basic patch is attached.

--
Dmitry Shachnev