[PyQt] Mouse pointer changing shape (blinking) on signals and QLineEdit text cursor blink

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Wed May 15 14:52:16 BST 2019

On 2019-05-15 02:41, David Morris wrote:

> Any idea on how I can track down what signal / event / system interrupt
> / whatever is causing this problem??
>
> I tried creating a new user on my computer, fresh python install (3.6.2
> for something different), fresh pyqt5 install ... and same problem.

I think this report matches your description more or less.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-75552

Have you tried other versions of PyQt5? If the report properly
identifies Qt 5.12.3 as the affected version then PyQt5<=5.12.1 should
work.  But, if it doesn't, maybe try a few more versions back.

Cheers,
-kyle