[PyQt] Compiling SIP v5 vs v4

Erik Janssens erik.janssens at conceptive.be
Wed Nov 13 15:16:10 GMT 2019

aha, thank you !

is my understanding correct in that :

- PyQt-Builder should be installed on the 'build python'
- Through the configuration, PyQt-Builder can be instructed to use the
qmake of a cross compiler,
   and link against the 'host python'
- PyQt builder will then build both sip and pyqt for the host python

So there is no longer the need to build sip before building pyqt ?

Thank you,

Erik