[PyQt] private sip 5 for pyqt?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 29 16:45:46 GMT 2019

I'm updating my Qt stack, but ran into the private sip problem again with sip 5.  I'm building all PyQt stuff from scratch because I want to link to an installed Qt and want control over the target system (macOS).

First, I found that the simple pip install does NOT install private.  So I'm building it as I normally do.  But the build system has changed for sip - instead on configure.py, it now has a setup.py, and there are no options for setting the private PyQt.sip module.

How do I build a private sip 5?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe