[PyQt] private sip 5 for pyqt?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 29 20:21:10 GMT 2019

(error is when trying to build PyQt3D, but error comes from PyQt)

I installed sip with pip.  so no private PyQt sip.

For PyQt 5.13.2:

python3 configure.py --spec=macx-clang

make & install OK

For PyQt3D 5.13.1:

python3 configure.py --spec=macx-clang
Error: Unable to import PyQt5.QtCore. Make sure PyQt5 is installed.

not a very helpful error - PyQt IS installed.

I started python3 and tried to load PyQt5.QtCore as the PyQt3d configure is doing:

from PyQt5 import QtCore
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt5.sip'

> On Nov 29, 2019, at 12:13 PM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>
> On 29/11/2019 16:54, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> Sorry, more details:
>> It's not PyQt where I'm having the private sip problem.  It's PyQt3D.
>> PyQt compiled successfully with default sip 5 install.
>> Maybe PyQt3D needs updating for the new sip?
>
> Maybe a description of the commands run and the error?
>
> Phil

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We can die but once, and that once we must die.  To be always fearing, then, would not avert it, and would make life miserable."

- Tarzan, on death