[PyQt] private sip 5 for pyqt?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Nov 30 01:26:23 GMT 2019

On Nov 29, 2019, at 4:52 PM, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

> On 29/11/2019 20:21, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> (error is when trying to build PyQt3D, but error comes from PyQt)
>> I installed sip with pip.  so no private PyQt sip.
>
> A private sip module is created by sip v5, not included with it. See...
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/sip/examples.html#package-projects
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/sip/command_line_tools.html#sip-module

OK, but how do I build sip 5 as a private module for PyQt?  As I stated in the first email, the sip 5 source does not have configure.py.  It's now setup.py, and I don't see the --sip-module option to create the private sip.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin