[PyQt] Doubt

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Tue Oct 1 19:17:48 BST 2019

On 2019-10-01 10:03, Dennis Jensen wrote:
> Oh and as a major warning to you and/or any other new to PyQt
> programmer do not use the Designer it will only be a nightmare at some
> point in time -- it is much better and just as easy or easier to learn
> to program PyQt the way it was meant to be programmed as it is
> actually a beauty in implementation -- I was surprised it was so easy
> because I saw/see so many folks using the Designer however since my
> initial exposure I have just about everyone of them struggling with
> the code the Designer barfs out which is not overly surprising when
> you look at it

I mostly don't look at my .pyc files.  I similarly mostly don't look at
my .py files generated from .ui files (and until recently those .py
files literally did not even exist because I loaded dynamically with the
uic module).  I'm also not sure how PyQt is 'meant to be programmed'
without Designer.  It seems an optional tool that is neither meant to be
used for everything nor meant to not be used.

Anyways, just to be direct, I use Designer and it doesn't seem to have
ruined my programs.

Cheers,
-kyle