[PyQt] RuntimeError: the sip module has already registered

Peter Kessen P.Kessen at Kalverkamp.de
Thu Oct 17 04:56:47 BST 2019

Hello,

Did anyone have an idea on this?

________________________________
From: Peter Kessen
Sent: Wednesday, 2 October 2019 15:54
To: pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com
Subject: RuntimeError: the sip module has already registered

Hi All,

I’m trying to use pyqt5 for a user interface inside of an extension for Siemens NX 12. When I execute my code for the first time after the launch of nx there are no errors. But when I execute it for a second time I get the error message:
RuntimeError: the sip module has already registered a module called PyQt5.QtCore
The Traceback points to the line where the import of the PyQt5 modules are done.

Is there any way to unregister all modules for sip before importing PyQt5?

Kind regards

Peter Kessen