[PyQt] Unable to install PyQt 5.14

ashwin .D winash12 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 03:02:56 BST 2020

Hello,
           I am trying to install PyQt 5.14 and I am getting the following
errors when I type this command on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

pip3 install PyQt

Collecting PyQt5
  Using cached
https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/4d/81/b9a66a28fb9a7bbeb60e266f06ebc4703e7e42b99e3609bf1b58ddd232b9/PyQt5-5.14.2.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/usr/lib/python3.6/tokenize.py", line 452, in open
        buffer = _builtin_open(filename, 'rb')
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/pip-build-io2s31yp/PyQt5/setup.py'

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in
/tmp/pip-build-io2s31yp/PyQt5/

Alternatively I typed

python3.6 -m pip install.

and  I get a message saying that setup.py is not found.

Any suggestions will be appreciated,
Ashwin.