[PyQt] PyQt5/Android: print/log messages

Kálmán Viktor viktorvector at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:30:50 BST 2020

You can add it like this, not sure if this would help. (maybe wrap the
whole thing in an if that checks if you are on android or not)

class QtHandler(logging.Handler):
    def __init__(self):
        logging.Handler.__init__(self)
        self.qt_message_logger = QMessageLogger()

    def emit(self, record):
        record = self.format(record)
        # I think you can get log level from the record and use the correct
method of qt_message_logger based on that
        self.qt_message_logger.debug(record.encode("utf-8"))

qtHandler = QtHandler()
logger = logging.getLogger(__name__)
logger.addHandler(qtHandler)

(forgot to include the list previously)