PyQt 5.15.xxx releases

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Aug 18 10:21:57 BST 2020

Hey,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 07:33:30PM -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> On 2020-08-17 6:22 p.m., Kyle Altendorf wrote:
> >
> > On August 17, 2020 5:39:04 PM EDT, Stefan Seefeld <stefan at seefeld.name> wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for any PyQt release files >= 5.15.x. The 5.15.0 release
> > > was
> > > announced on June 1st, but
> > > https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download5 only lists a
> > >
> > > PyQt5-5.15.1.dev development snapshot, in addition to "older releases"
> > > ending with version 5.13.2.
> > >
> > > Am I looking in the wrong place, or is there in fact no official PyQt
> > > 5.15.0 release yet ?
> > https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5/5.15.0/#files
>
> Thank you ! I think
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download5 should be
> updated, though, to include these files. Not everyone is using pip / PyPi to
> access packages, in particular if they are not native Python packages.

That page says "These are older releases of PyQt5 the source distributions of
which are not available on PyPI." - given you can also download from PyPI using
your browser, I don't think it makes sense for Riverbank to host the files a
second time there.

I suppose a link to the respective PyPI files could be added, but that'd
probably also be (a bit of) additional work for every release.

Phil: If you want to do this, FWIW there are more short/stable URLs for PyPI
packages: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_PKGBUILD#Source

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org