[PyQt] How to update the list of items in the combobox delegate which represents the data of a QSqlRelationalTableModel?

Rafal Obrzud rafal.obrzud at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 20:30:12 GMT 2020

I've recently examined an example from Chapter 15 of “Rapid GUI Programming
with Python and Qt” by Mark Summerfield which presents the use of SQL
Database TableView modelling. In this original example, I found a little
dysfunctionality which prevents the table views from refreshing combobox
delegates (being QSqlRelation). Simply, the combobox delegates in the table
view which represent the data of QSqlRelationalTableModel, are not updated
once relational tables have been modified.
I describe the problem in detail under the following link:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/59482845/12597742?sem=2

How can I programmatically update the list of items in the combobox
delegate (QSqlRelation) in a table view which represents
QSqlRelationalTableModel data?