[PyQt] PyQt5 install fails with parallelized make

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 6 18:23:02 GMT 2020

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 05:55:15PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> Don't you guys use the options to concatenate all the generated code into
> one .cpp file? Windows is the only platform where you need to use 2 .cpp
> files.

Debian uses the -j 10 option of SIP v4. This dates back to 2007 so I don't
know why not -j 1.

However I'm not sure how this is related to the original thread. If you are
suggesting to disable parallelism completely, then isn't it still useful for
building different Qt modules (QtCore, QtGui, etc) in parallel?

--
Dmitry Shachnev