[PyQt] matplotlib fails to import distutils on windows deploy

Mamoru Inugami inugami.mamoru at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 01:02:33 GMT 2020

Dear pyqt-list,

I try to compile my Python script using matplotlib via pyqtdeploy on
Windows10.
The build was successful but the output exe does not boot.

Treceback was here:
temp5.py is my Python script, trying to import below at line 6.

from matplotlib.backends.backend_qt5agg import FigureCanvasQTAgg as
FigureCanvas

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "temp5.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 668, in _load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 638, in _load_backward_compatible
  File ":/matplotlib/__init__.py", line 121, in <module>
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 965, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils'

I have included all site-package libs to build my executable and
my script runs without error on Python interpreter.

Could you tell me how to fix this problem ?

Michiaki ENDO
Sapporo, Japan