How to reply to posts

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Jun 15 16:45:21 BST 2020

On 6/12/20 5:08 AM, Nenad Lamza wrote:
> Thanks Eli,
>
>>If you received the email in your inbox, simply click the reply button
>>and let your email client use the same subject and automatically decide
>>to add a "Re:".
>
> I receive only digests. How can I receive "the email".
>
>>If you were not receiving email from the mailing list...
>
> I went to:
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2020-June/042995.html
>
> for this post (as a test) and clicked as you said on the first link
> (there, it was your e-mail). I use Thunderbird, the subject was "Re: How
> to reply to posts", but the mail body was empty. Is it ok?

Yes, this worked great. Your email showed up as part of the right
conversation with the right subject, both in my email client and on the
web interface.

Your nabble.com link seems to have correctly grouped this too. :)

While it's true that the mailing list interface does not provide the
email body for you, you can simply select choice phrases and quote them
manually, so that is not such a problem. :)

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User