Wrong context detected by pylupdate

Giuseppe Corbelli corbelligiuseppe at mesdan.it
Wed Jun 24 10:59:34 BST 2020

Hi all
I found that under rather common circumstances pylupdate uses the wrong
context while generating TS files. I did not investigate much but I
expect trouble since the Qt tr() implementation uses
QMetaObject::className which is of course different.
Please see the attached test case and TS output.

pylupdate5 v5.15.0
Python 3.5.4
Linux, if it matters.

Yes, I know that Qt6 is on its way and pylupdate will be revamped. I
already found a workaround (do not define nested class) so it's no big
deal for me right now but maybe it's worth considering.

Thanks
--
Giuseppe Corbelli