Rendering PDF in PyQT5

Justin Giffard jusgif at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:28:12 BST 2020

Hi there

Asked recently about a print preview in PyQT5 and Paolo attempted to help
me but we came to the conclusion that there's no real way to do this out of
the box. I then started investigating making my own print preview screen
but we can't really find a decent way to do it display the PDF. I have
tried a webview in the past which seemed to work okay but Paolo came across
a C++ QT5 example that made use of a QPdfDocument which I later found was
held by the QPdfView. This had me excited until I found that it would seem
that this is not implemented in PyQT5. Damn another brick wall.

Can anyone make any suggestions on this?

Justin