[PyQt] How to get box shadows in qlabels?

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Tue Mar 10 15:36:42 GMT 2020

> On 10 Mar 2020, at 02:53, Souvik Dutta Chowdhury <souvik.viksou at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hmm but there is nothing pyqt5 called QGraphicsBoxShadowEffect

In the docs https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qgraphicsdropshadoweffect.html <https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qgraphicsdropshadoweffect.html> it says that
this is part of widgets "qmake:	QT += widgets"
That tells me that I should look in PyQt5.QtWidgets to find the class.

>>> from PyQt5 import QtWidgets

>>> QtWidgets.QGraphicsDropShadowEffect
<class 'PyQt5.QtWidgets.QGraphicsDropShadowEffect'>

Barry