[PyQt] Missing application resources when run in one Linux distro but not another

Damon Lynch damonlynch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 02:15:08 GMT 2020

Hi,

My program Rapid Photo Downloader looks awful when running under
Pop!_OS because none of its graphical elements appear, such as menu
icons etc. It's a usability nightmare because things like the
hamburger menu are simply invisible.

Pop!_OS is based on Ubuntu. The very same debian package works fine
under Ubuntu.

I assume this is something to do with the Qt theme that Pop!_OS
defaults to. What can I do to override its apparent default behavior?

I know it's nothing to do with resources not being installed because
my app uses the Qt resources system.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Damon