PyQt6 and SIP v6 Snapshots Available

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Oct 17 10:38:11 BST 2020

Am 16.10.20 um 19:25 schrieb Phil Thompson:
> On 16/10/2020 16:07, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> I saw while browsing through the sources of the latest snapshot that
>> it includes a Python only implementation of pylupdate. Unless I missed
>> something this tool seems to extract translation string from Python
>> sources only. If this is correct do you intend to add an extractor for
>> .ui files as well to be on the same level as the lupdate tool of Qt?
>> If that is not the intention and I didn't just miss this, what would
>> be the workflow for generation of translatable apps?
>
> Three possibilities I think...
>
> - run pylupdate6 on the generated .py file
> - lupdate on the .ui file
> - I could add the reading of .ui files to pylupdate6.
>
> The last would be very easy it to do if that makes things easy.

Phil, please include option three. That would allow to extract the
translations with one command instead of several. Option 1 (the current
one) would be the most complex because one would have to ensure, that
the .ui file is compiled first annd pylupdate executed thereafter.
Option 2 would be a comprimise but would require lupdate to be present
on the machine and would also need two commands. So Option 3 is the most
straight forward one.

Detlev

--
Detlev Offenbach