Pyqtdeploy plan for the end of qmake?

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Sep 2 08:48:36 BST 2020

On 02/09/2020 02:18, Patrick Stinson wrote:
> Indeed. I have been putting off understanding sip5 but I just went
> through it all. It took a while to understand from the docs, but nice
> work.
>
> It looks like the correct way to get the .sip files installed for
> PyQt5 is to use sip-install or PyQt-Builder to install PyQt5 from
> source?

PyQt-builder extends the capabilities of the sip5 command line tools to
allow PyQt (and dependent projects) to be built. It will be installed
automatically if it is needed and can be otherwise ignored.

To build PyQt from source you either...

run sip-install

run sip-wheel then run pip to install the wheel

or run pip (not recommended).