PyQt5 distributable?

Renee Otten reneeotten at macports.org
Fri Dec 10 16:59:40 GMT 2021

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your response!

I guess my thinking was that there are several ".so” files in PyQt that link to the QtNetwork library of Qt5, which in turn links to OpenSSL. My very limited, potentially incorrect, understanding was that PyQt5 would be considered a “derivative work” because since it "uses anything that even indirectly uses something else that uses openssl.”

Anyway, if you give permission (and I’ll happily take your response as doing that) then I will include the exception for our PyQt5 port.

Thanks again,
Renee