pyqtdeploy-sysroot fails with SIP 6.0.0

Grant Sloman grant.sloman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:27:51 GMT 2021

Hi,

I’ve installed the latest SIP (6.0.0) but I’m getting a pyqtdeploy-sysroot failure:
"pyqtdeploy-sysroot: PyQt: SIP v5.4.0 or later is required.”

I think it’s due to this check in pyqtdeploy/sysroot/plugins/PyQt.py:

        if min_sipbuild_version.major != sipbuild_version.major or min_sipbuild_version > sipbuild_version:
            self.error(
                    "SIP v{} or later is required".format(
                            min_sipbuild_version))

5 isn’t equal to 6.
Do I need to install an older version of SIP?

Many thanks,
Grant