How to keep the way of using enum as sip 5 for sip 6?

Weitian Leung weitianleung at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 05:19:36 GMT 2021

> - All enums are now implemented as enum.Enum (PyQt5 used enum.IntEnum for
> scoped enums and a custom type for traditional named enums). PyQt5 allowed
> an int whenever an enum was expected but PyQt6 requires the correct type.
> - QFlags are implemented as enum.Flag.

As mentioned in PyQt6 released news, I found this also affected non-PyQt
project with sip 6, such as:

> namespace demo {
>     enum Hello {
>         World = 0
>     }
> }

Will not possibly be used as *demo.World* with python. Searching the
document found the /NoScope/ but didn't help, it just failed to compile.
The only way for now I can see is removing the enum name (Hello for
example), but it's just too weird.

Is there another way to make enum compatible with sip 5?