PyQt6 and QKeySequence(QKeySequence.StandardKey) constructor

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 13 18:46:42 GMT 2021

Hi again, here is another thing I noticed about PyQt6:

The QKeySequence constructor which takes QKeySequence.StandardKey as the
(only) argument does not work.

It is documented here:
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qkeysequence.html#QKeySequence-5

In PyQt5 it works:

  >>> from PyQt5.QtGui import QGuiApplication, QKeySequence
  >>> app = QGuiApplication([])
  >>> QKeySequence(QKeySequence.StandardKey.Copy)
  <PyQt5.QtGui.QKeySequence object at 0x7f324f34dac0>

In PyQt6 it results in the following error:

  >>> from PyQt6.QtGui import QGuiApplication, QKeySequence
  >>> app = QGuiApplication([])
  >>> QKeySequence(QKeySequence.StandardKey.Copy)
  TypeError: an integer is required (got type StandardKey)

  The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  SystemError: <class 'PyQt6.QtGui.QKeySequence'> returned a result with an error set

--
Dmitry Shachnev