Unable to install PyQt6 using third party helpers (poetry, pipenv)

Ludovic Bellière belliere.ludovic at proximus.be
Sun Jan 17 02:14:10 GMT 2021

Sorry, I wasn't very explicit. Poetry does install the dependencies, as
they are present in the virtual environment, but fails to install PyQt6
itself. Same goes for pipenv.

Poetry is a dependency manager, helps with dealing with multiple python
versions or environments, can help building your wheels too. I'm fairly
new to using poetry, so I invite you to read their own words:
https://github.com/python-poetry/poetry/#why

From what I can observe, poetry uses a local repository to install
packages in your virtual environment. pip freeze will show that the
packages are installed from wheels instead of referencing their
versions. But again, I'm just discovering the tool.