Unable to install PyQt6 using third party helpers (poetry, pipenv)

Ludovic Bellière belliere.ludovic at proximus.be
Sun Jan 17 04:07:29 GMT 2021

We're going away from the issue. I'm not using poetry but pipenv, which
works fine with PyQt5. I'm using pipenv because that's what I've been
using from the beginning with this software of mine. It just happens
that poetry fails too, and so the issue isn't tied to one tool, that's
all.

I do suspect the fault is with those tools, however out of all the
packages installed only PyQt6 is failing. Thus my message here, hoping
to get more information and understanding instead of some rant
about the pointlessness of poetry.

There are several PEP 517 issues opened on pipenv's bugtracker, I
haven't bothered to search for poetry.