Unable to install PyQt6 using third party helpers (poetry, pipenv)

Ludovic Bellière belliere.ludovic at proximus.be
Sun Jan 17 17:12:01 GMT 2021

Well no, neither poetry nor pipenv bundle pip, they just handle
virtualenvs and install package using that virtualenv's pip (as per the
traceback). It will get those package from the system's (in this case
pyenv's). I checked the version of pip, wheel and setuptools before
initializing this thread and they are all up to date. It seems down to
how PyQt6 is bundled and maybe existing bugs within pip, I don't know.

I've tried to same process with pyside6, just for kicks, and haven't
had any issue.

Thanks,
Ludovic