Overriding QThread.run and calling the default implementation

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 00:50:36 BST 2021

Il giorno dom 4 lug 2021 alle ore 01:36 Jeremy Katz <jkatz at volexity.com> ha
scritto:

> On Fedora 32 using Python 3.8.6, the attached test works for me with
> PyQt/Qt 5.15.2 and fails to service either event loop with 5.12.10.
> [...]

The nearly identical C++ version works with both Qt 5.15.3 and 5.12.10.
> This seems to be an issue within PyQt that has been resolved in newer
> versions.

Thank you so much for your input.
Unfortunately I cannot test it with a newer version (I seriously need to
update my base system), but I'm trusting your tests.

It could be interesting to know the whole background about this, though
(Phil, if you can, I'd be glad!).
My low-level programming knowledge is very limited, so, to my eyes, a
simple override of run() that calls the default method shouldn't change
anything.
But I know that we're talking about a binding (PyQt) *and* a wrapper
(QThread), so, many things I'd take for "granted" could happen under the
hood.

Thanks again,
Maurizio
--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi