PyQt5: specifying QSqlTableModel

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jun 5 19:12:32 BST 2021

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021, Tomas Sobota wrote:

> I just tested Colin's database and both source files and it works on my
> machine (Linux Mint, Python 3.9.4)

Tom,

His food database displays properly here, too.

> Is your database available to have a look at it?

First, it's quite large; second, it holds my non-financial business data and
is kept only here.

I'm wondering if the python version makes a difference. Were I to upgrade
from the distribution's 3.7.2 I'll have a few hundred other packages to
recompile and reinstall. There's another route I can take if a different
version of open() doesn't find the table and no one on stackoverflow has a
solution.

Thanks very much,

Rich