pyqt6 - Qt6QuickLayouts.dll missing from pypi pyqt6 install

Jared Jones jared.randall.jones at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 23:33:37 BST 2021

Hi, everyone,

I have been porting some old QML code over to pyqt6. Some portions of the
code use QtQuick.Layouts to organize some of the elements (ColumnLayout,
RowLayout, etc). However, when I try to import QtQuick.Layouts, I get the
following error:

 Cannot load library
C:\python_environments\mpm_py_qt6\lib\site-packages\PyQt6\Qt6\qml\QtQuick\Layouts\qquicklayoutsplugin.dll:
The specified module could not be found

I thought this was odd since  qquicklayoutsplugin.dll is in fact at that
file location. I dropped the dll into dependency walker, which states that
one of the dependencies for  qquicklayoutsplugin is  Qt6QuickLayouts.dll,
and that this dependency is missing. I did a file search in the install
folder for pyqt6, but I could not find  Qt6QuickLayouts.dll anywhere. My
install is pulled directly from the official pypi pyqt6 package repository.
I believe that this dll has not been wrapped yet for pyqt6, and It does not
appear to have been removed from qt6, as pyside6 includes
Qt6QuickLayouts.dll in its pypi repository. I am posting this message so
that I can bring this issue to the attention of the pyqt6 devs, and so
that  Qt6QuickLayouts.dll can hopefully be included in pyqt6 6.2.

In the meantime, if someone can provide a copy of the missing
Qt6QuickLayouts.dll, it would be much appreciated.

-Jared