ANN: PyQt v5.15.4 and v6.0.3 Released

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Mar 12 12:46:56 GMT 2021

Hey,

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 03:54:26PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> PyQt v5.15.4 and v6.0.3 have been released - along with corresponding
> versions of everything else.
>
> The main purpose of these releases is to work around the pip issues when
> updating to v5.15.3 and v6.0.2.

Can you elaborate on what has changed internally? Is the only change
that they depend on -Qt5 rather than -Qt wheels, and there, the Qt
installation is stored in a "Qt5" rather than "Qt" subfolder?

The reason I'm asking is that those wheels don't work properly with
PyInstaller anymore (either fails to package it outright, or fails to
find QtWebEngineProcess, or segfaults when creating the QApplication [on
macOS]).

It's probably an easy fix, but before I try, it'd be good to know what
actually changed.

Thanks!

Florian

--