QGroupBox with two rows of widgets

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 3 18:59:52 BST 2021

On Mon, 3 May 2021, Tomas Sobota wrote:

> You don't need full Creator, for what you want Designer is enough.
> Also, Designer is much more powerful than glade. I do all my qt gui design
> in Designer, for pyqt and also for c++ Qt.
> The command line for pyuic5 in Linux is:
> #pyuic5  x.ui -o ui_x.py
> where x.ui is the xml file generated by Designer and ui_x.py is the
> generated python code.

Tom,

It turns out that Slackware provides both: qt-creator and designer. As the
former is an IDE and I use emacs for all coding and much writing I'll use
only designer.

Now on to learning it. Since building GUIs by hand is quite tedious I can
see the benefits of using designer to write them, then convert to python and
use that in the application.

Thanks again,

Rich