Issue with QCamera in PyQt6

RedHuli redhuli.comments at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 08:14:49 GMT 2021

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me with my issue. I want to update my
code from PyQt5 to PyQt6. I need to use QCamera, but every time I do I get
the following error:

zsh: segmentation fault
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/bin/python3
test_camera.py

No matter what I do, I still get an error. I've played around with
QMediaPlayer and QVideoWidget. I am not sure which new classes to use in
PyQt6 to get the camera to play. Below is the minimum code (I believe)
should get the camera working:

# Import necessary modules
import sys
from PyQt6.QtWidgets import QApplication
from PyQt6.QtMultimedia import (QCamera, QMediaCaptureSession, QMediaDevices
)
from PyQt6.QtMultimediaWidgets import QVideoWidget

app = QApplication(sys.argv)

video_widget = QVideoWidget()
video_widget.resize(640, 480)
video_widget.show()

camera = QCamera(QMediaDevices.defaultVideoInput())
camera.start()

mediaCaptureSession = QMediaCaptureSession()
mediaCaptureSession.setCamera(camera)
mediaCaptureSession.setVideoOutput(video_widget)

sys.exit(app.exec())

Thanks for your help!

Joshua Willman