Dependency issues seen using pyqtdeploy 3.x, where 2.x seemed to work fine

Justin M. Vieira JVieira at nccusa.com
Fri Nov 12 15:22:04 GMT 2021

Greetings, everyone J!

Our dev team is currently stuck, attempting to use pyqtdeploy with
certain dependencies.

Before (pyqtdeploy 2.x):

Now (3.x), the maximum I can select is std packages:

And still, if e.g. I select "asyncio", I get this when running (linux-64
build):

Example of boot failure due to missing external dependencies:

Is there any way we can overcome these external dependency failures?

Some Background info about our usage and application:

We have a complex application, currently written using PySide2 on Linux.
We have tried porting it to PyQt5, and it seems to work correctly
without any major apparent issues.

The application seems to run well on PyQt5, so the port works well. The
problem comes with pyqtdeploy. While 3.11 has simplified the
configuration files significantly compared to 2.x, it seems to miss
critical features such as the addition of Python dependencies (installed
via pip). This is a critical feature for us, since our application can't
run without them.

We require pyqtdeploy to work for our mobile builds. We can share more
details on the sysroot configuration files, or other parts of our
environment/setup, if required.

We tried to port our application to Android ~3 years ago using
pyqtdeploy (porting it to PyQt5) and we had some initial success.
However, we never moved forward with the Android port due to some
usability issues on Android (UI changes had to be done to accommodate
for touch screens).

We are now trying to create an Android deployment of our app with PyQt5
5.15 + pyqtdeploy 3.11;  Would greatly like to use the most recent
pyqtdeploy 3+ we can, if possible.

Any guidance is appreciated, and thank you in advance!

Justin Vieira and Gerard Marull-Paretas

SW Engineers working on the tyllPOS cloud point of sale  software
product

National Computer Corporation, Inc.

USA / Spain

https://nccusa.com