PyQt5 : strange QUrl.FormattingOptions

Philippe Fremy phil at freehackers.org
Sat Nov 13 15:30:21 GMT 2021

Hi,

While working on PyQt5-stubs, I noticed that
QtCore.QUrl.FormattingOptions is kind of strangely generated.

Usually, all QFlag based classes come with a few constructors and
methods. For example, QUrlComponentFormattingOptions comes like this:

     class ComponentFormattingOptions(sip.simplewrapper):

         @typing.overload
         def __init__(self) -> None: ...
         @typing.overload
         def __init__(self, f:
typing.Union['QUrl.ComponentFormattingOptions',
'QUrl.ComponentFormattingOption']) -> None: ...
         @typing.overload
         def __init__(self, a0: 'QUrl.ComponentFormattingOptions') ->
None: ...

         def __hash__(self) -> int: ...
         def __bool__(self) -> int: ...
         def __invert__(self) -> 'QUrl.ComponentFormattingOptions': ...
         def __index__(self) -> int: ...
         def __int__(self) -> int: ...

However, for QUrl.FormattingOptions, the QFlag based class is extremely
simple:

     class FormattingOptions(sip.simplewrapper):

         def __init__(self, a0: 'QUrl.FormattingOptions') -> None: ...

It's kind of odd, so I imagine this is a bug.

Have a nice day.

Philippe