Qt6 Wheels Updated for v6.2.0rc

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Sep 20 14:06:03 BST 2021

Hey,

On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 04:43:04PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> The PyQt and Qt wheels have now been updated for Qt v6.2.0rc.

Thanks!

> Although the QWebEngineProcess problem seems to be fixed for Linux it still
> seems to be broken for macOS and Windows.

On macOS for Framework builds, I suppose this (which didn't make it into
the RC) will help:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtwebengine/+/371185

For Windows, I'm not sure whether this is really the same issue!
What I seem to get now is:

    $ py -3 -m venv venv
    [...]

    $ venv/Scripts/pip install --index-url https://riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/simple/ --no-deps --pre --upgrade PyQt6 PyQt6-webengine PyQt6-Qt6 PyQt6-sip PyQt6-WebEngine-Qt6
    [...]

    $ .\venv\Scripts\python.exe -c "from PyQt6 import QtWebEngineWidgets"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: DLL load failed while importing QtWebEngineWidgets: The specified module could not be found.

Which looks like a different issue, way before QWebEngineProcess comes
into play.

I've tried to debug it a bit with https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies
but I'm stuck, since I don't really know how this kind of stuff works on
Windows. It shows missing Qt 6 libraries for QtWebEngineWidgets.pyd, but
it shows the same for e.g. QtWidgets.pyd too, while that works fine.

Looking at the underlying Qt .dll files, Qt6WebEngineWidgets seems fine,
while in Qt6WebEngineCore I see some missing dependencies:

- C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEAUT32.dll
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHLWAPI.dll
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV
- C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2_32.dll
- MFPlat.DLL
- MF.dll
- MFReadWrite.dll

However, the same is true for a working Qt5WebEngineCore, so I doubt
this is the culprit. The MF* ones, from what I can tell, are because I
installed Windows N without media player and such (which probably was a
bad idea, but alas). But again, I see those with Qt 5 too.

Florian

--
            me at the-compiler.org | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/