sip-build: ::T has not been defined

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Mon Jun 6 03:44:59 BST 2022

On Sat, 4 Jun 2022, Phil Thompson wrote:

>> Hi Phil,
>>
>> Still working on wxPython with the latest sip snapshot.
>>
>> I figured out where this error is coming from:
>> sip-build: ::T has not been defined
>>
>> sip seems to be complaining about template type-lists.  The following
>> .sip is enough to reproduce the issue.
>>
>> %Module( name=wx._core,
>>          keyword_arguments="All",
>>          use_argument_names=True,
>>          all_raise_py_exception=True,
>>          language="C++")
>> {
>>     %AutoPyName(remove_leading="wx")
>> };
>>
>> template<T>
>> class wxScrolled : T
>> {
>> public:
>>     wxScrolled();
>> };
>
> Should be fixed in the current repo/next snapshot.

Thanks!  That fixed it.

The next issue I'm running into is that sip doesn't seem to be able to see
a wxGridCellEditorPtr type:

sip-build: wxGridCellEditorPtr is undefined

It's defined in a .sip as:

typedef wxObjectDataPtr< wxGridCellEditor > wxGridCellEditorPtr;

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,
Scott