Provide qRegisterResourceData in PyQt6?

Georg Brandl g.brandl at fz-juelich.de
Fri Jun 10 14:02:04 BST 2022

Hello PyQt devs,

I accept that you don't feel the Qt resource system is a good match
for Python and don't want to provide pyrcc6.  So far, so good.

However, for those of us who'd prefer to keep using it, in my case
to quickly add Qt6 compatibility to a large codebase using PyQt5
while avoiding a rewrite of the code to use filesystem paths, and
our deployment methods, it would be nice to still be able to access
the low-level q(Un)RegisterResourceData() calls.

Would it be possible to re-add their wrappers in PyQt6?

Thanks,
Georg

--
Jülich Centre for Neutron Science JCNS
at Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Zentrum MLZ

Telefon: +49 - 89 158860 731
Telefax: +49 - 89 158860 799

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Volker Rieke
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Harald Bolt, Prof. Dr.
Frauke Melchior