Pass QIcon over D-Bus

JakobDev jakobdev at gmx.de
Wed Jun 15 15:12:13 BST 2022

I#m currently trying to use the DynamicLauncher Portal from PyQt (Documentation: https://flatpak.github.io/xdg-desktop-portal/#gdbus-org.freedesktop.portal.DynamicLauncher). I need to pass a Icon over D-Bus. There is a working C++ implementation (https://invent.kde.org/libraries/xdg-portal-test-kde/-/blob/2b5365909d92c53ca2c4bdd176442f06fd1c44ee/src/xdgportaltest.cpp#L807), but I couldn't get it to work in Python. I have attached my code, but it gives me a unregistered type PyQt_PyObject passed in arguments error. I have no idea how to solve this. The Object is a QBuffer, so it's a Qt Object and not a Python Object, so I'm not sure if this a Bug.