Need help to install PyQt5 with qml debug flag

aghiles goumeziane aghiles.g at acmeprod.com
Mon Mar 28 22:11:15 BST 2022

Hi,

I want to debug my qmlcode and for this I need to install pyqt5 version
5.10.1with the qmldebugger flag using:

“python3.8 configure.py--qml-debug --verbose"

But I have a problem when I run the above command.

When I install sip with apt with the commands:

     “sudoapt install python3-sip"

     “sudoapt install python3-sip-dev"

The last available version is Sip version 4.19.1.The program returns
Error: Unable to create the C++ code when I launch “python3.8
configure.py--qml-debug --verbose"

     when itry to install sip with “python3.8 -m pip install
sip==5.5.0”,sip is not detected, ireceive the     message: fatal error:
sip.h: No such file or directory when I launch “python3.8
configure.py--qml-debug --verbose"

  *

My OS: Ubuntu LTS 20.04

my QT5 version: QT5 version 5.12.8